Review papers are developed to share insights about a specific product or a project. The review paper thus covers all the ups and downs of the projects that took place under the different circumstances. It also aims to inform the audience about the right ways to collect insights.
The real purpose of writing a review paper is to acknowledge and present the state of the topic. The review paper helps the readers to understand the topic thoroughly. Also, a review paper is generally used to share constructive criticism of the published work. It also shares some light on the current and the future scenario. A review paper also accepts any feedback so that the project or the product can be improved.
The review paper is an important document and requires a set of components and facts that needs to be considered. Here are some of the things you need to make sure to include in your review paper.
The title page is the first page of the document. Here you need to include the title of the review paper. The name of the reviewer also needs to be added to this section. The date of publication also needs to be added here. The title page might also need to add some other details as per the instructions of the instructor. It is very important to follow the given guidelines to make this section accurate.
The abstract is the summary of your entire review paper. The abstract is generally written towards the end of the entire review paper. The reader must be able to know what is included in the document after reading the abstract. The entire context and topic are explained in the abstract of the paper.
The introduction is the most important section of the review paper. The main topic is introduced in this section. You also need to give a careful insight into the background details of the paper. This is also the place where you introduce all the unfamiliar terms to the reader to give them an enormous scope for any further discussions. The introduction also covers the purpose of your review paper. A review paper is generally developed to make a base of any further discussion. The introduction section gives a chance to understand what the rest of the paper is all about.
The main construct of the review paper lies in the discussion section. This section contains all the necessary information to develop and support the main basis of the thesis. There are a set of facts that you need to consider while writing this, even when it does not have a set pattern to be followed. Here are some of the things you need to consider.
- Never summarize in this section. You do not need to present a summary of any developed literature. In fact, you need to emphasize the concepts well. The main purpose should be to link the different aspects and build a strong picture of the topic in the minds of the readers.
- It very important for you to stay focused on the topic. Stay coherent and concise with the discussion. Also, be careful not to include any unnecessary stuff.
- The discussion section must be well organized. It is important to logically arrange things in the discussion section. It is important that your readers follow the things that you want to say to them. Every paragraph that you include in this section must logically follow its previous section. It is also important that each paragraph contains a unique idea or point about the main topic.
- It is also important that you include meaningful headings and subheadings in this section. These will help the reader to relate to the context of the paper in a better way.
- The discussion section should be correlated with the thesis. This will help to accomplish your overall objectives.
Most of the reviewers make the mistake of considering this section as the weakest part of the review paper. Specifically, the less experienced and amateur writers do not give importance to the conclusion section. But, it is indeed one of the most important parts of a review paper. The conclusion sets a critical context of the research paper. A strong conclusion includes strong links between the major points that are discussed in the thesis.
This is the last section of your paper which includes all the citations of the paper. It is best to mention all the work with the proper sources in this section and arrange them into an effective citation list. It is also important that you follow the guidelines given to you to develop this section of the review paper.
All these aspects will help your paper to look effective. Include all these components and follow all the guidelines to make an effective and compelling review paper.
Read Also – Why is Referencing Important ?