Illustrations essays are used to validate and support a point by providing a set of evidence. These essays play a vital role in the academic career of a person. Developing these are a practical exercise that is carried out even before writing a thesis. Therefore, these are said to be the first step towards discovering new things.
An illustration essay enables a student to explore and research in their area of study. The students will also be able to use new ideas to support their arguments. The illustration essay further helps a student to gather new resources, information and data to develop new arguments when they carry out thorough research about a specific area. But there are certain things that you should keep in mind if you are going to write an illustration essay for the first time.
Structure of the Illustration Essay
Essays have a specific structure that must be followed. This helps to make the writing clear, organized, logical, and strong. Following a structure will also help your readers get a better understanding of the points you need to prove and the arguments you need to present through your work.
If you want your essay to be spot on and highly competitive, you need to have an Introduction, Body Paragraphs, and a Conclusion.
- Introduction: Present the idea of your essay in this section. Mention the idea of your argument and summarize it briefly. The introduction must also mention a thesis statement that supports your document and gives a walkthrough of the entire paper. The introduction should also be catchy to give the main idea of the topic you are going to discuss and should capture the reader’s attention.
- Body Paragraphs: You can add as many body paragraphs as you need. These will basically cover facts and evidence to justify your arguments. You should also keep in mind that each body paragraphs must contain a different idea, and each paragraph must be linked to its previous paragraph in a proper manner.
- Conclusion: This section of the essay must summarize all the arguments that you have presented in the body paragraphs. The conclusion must be well written and should be convincing to the reader.
Apart from following a structure for the essay, there are several other things you need to keep in mind. Here are some of the tips that will be helpful.
- The examples that you use in the essay must always be related to the main idea you wants to discuss in the essay. Otherwise, this is the place where you might lose the attention of your reader. The example must be directly connected to the topic so that your argument doesn’t move in a tangent direction.
- Make sure that all the examples that you use in the essay follow a chronological order. These must be arranged in a logical sequence giving the reader a systematic pattern to follow, helping them to stay focused on the essay.
- Gathering evidence is one of the best ways to make your essay strong. Adding references will develop trust among your readers.
- Develop a structure of the essay. This will help to frame your ideas in such a manner that they are never misleading from the main purpose of the essay. It is also necessary to keep the essay short so that no additional or unnecessary information is added to it.
- The last tip is always to proofread the essay you have written. This will help to identify any issues or errors. Proofreading will also help you to eliminate any problems that might occur related to grammar, language, tone, or punctuation marks.
Overall, it is important that your essay presents your ideas and arguments strongly. A well-documented essay will help you earn high grades in your academic career. It will also prepare you for your future research studies.
Read Also – The Vagueness Of Numbers In An Essay